The tabletop gaming room stands ready to entertain and challenge you! We'll have a host of the latest and greatest board games to give you plenty to do in your down time. As always, our friendly staff will be on hand to help you choose the best game for your time and interests, and we'll be happy to teach any game in our inventory, so you can learn games you've never played before without suffering through rules migraines!
Magic the Gathering CCG
Standard Constructed Tournament
Once again, Zenkaikon will be hosting an officially sanctioned Magic: The Gathering TCG tournament on Saturday, running from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Tournament organization provided by Six Feet Under Games, just up the road in New Holland, PA! This will be a standard tournament! The tournament will use the Swiss pairing algorithm for advancement so expect to get lots of play time! The tournament is limited to 30 players.
- The following card sets are permitted in Standard tournaments:
- Ravnica Allegiance
- Guilds of Ravnica
- Core Set 2019
- Rivals of Ixalan
- Rampaging Ferocidon is Banned in Standard Constructed Tournaments.
- The number of swiss rounds will be capped at 4 rounds. Swiss rounds means that each player participates in every round, regardless of whether they win or lose. Players are paired against an opponent with a similar win/loss record for each round. Each round will be fifty (50) minutes long. Each match will be played until one player has won two (2) games or time has been called.
- There will be booster packs of Ravnica Allegiance distributed as prizes at the end of the tournament to all players that complete the tournament. Every player that finishes the tournament will receive at least one booster pack as a prize. Players that drop from the tournament before the completion of the event are not eligible for prizes. Additional prizes will be distributed to all players that complete the tournament.
Zenkaikon will be hosting a Keyforge tournament on Saturday, running from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Tournament organization provided by Six Feet Under Games, just up the road in New Holland, PA! The tournament is limited to 18 players.
- Players are responsible for bringing all of the game components they need to play a game of KeyForge. This includes Æmber tokens, damage counters, a chain tracker, and status cards. For Archon tournaments, players must also bring their own unique deck, including the deck’s identity card. This deck must be registered in the Keyforge App or on the Keyforge website. Players must use the same deck for the duration of the tournament.
- Each player is responsible to present their personal QR code (available in the Keyforge App) and their deck’s QR code (on the Identity card) to register for the tournament.
- If a player chooses to sleeve their deck, all sleeves within a single deck must be identical in size, color, texture, and condition.
- Typically, players use the cardboard tokens included in official product as indicators. However, players may choose to use other items as indicators, so long as they do not obscure significant component information, are resistant to accidental modification, and their purpose of use is clear to both players. The marshal is responsible for determining the legality of an indicator and its reasonable use during a match if objected to by its owner’s opponent. NOTE: The use of dice of any kind is not permitted in KeyForge Organized Play. Similar to tokens, Power and Stun status cards are used as indicators for certain information throughout the course of the game. Players may choose to use other items (except dice) to represent these as well, and once again the marshal is responsible for determining the substitutes’ legality and reasonable use.
- The number of swiss rounds will be capped at 4 rounds. Swiss rounds means that each player participates in every round, regardless of whether they win or lose. Players are paired against an opponent with a similar win/loss record for each round. Each round will be thirty-five (35) minutes long. Each match will be played until one player wins a game or until time is called.
- There will be prizing distributed to each player that completes the tournament. Prizes will consist of Limited Edition promo items (playmat, tokens, cards). Players that drop from the tournament before the completion of the event are not eligible for prizes.