The tabletop gaming room stands ready to entertain and challenge you! We'll have a host of the latest and greatest board games to give you plenty to do in your down time. As always, our friendly staff will be on hand to help you choose the best game for your time and interests, and we'll be happy to teach any game in our inventory, so you can learn games you've never played before without suffering through rules migraines!
Standard Constructed Tournament
Once again, Zenkaikon will be hosting an officially sanctioned Magic: The Gathering TCG tournament on Saturday, running from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Tournament organization provided by Six Feet Under Games, just up the road in New Holland, PA! This will be a standard tournament! The tournament will use the Swiss pairing algorithm for advancement so expect to get lots of play time! The tournament is limited to 30 players.
- The following card sets are permitted in Standard tournaments:
- Ravnica Allegiance
- Guilds of Ravnica
- Core Set 2019
- Rivals of Ixalan
- Rampaging Ferocidon is Banned in Standard Constructed Tournaments.
- The number of swiss rounds will be capped at 4 rounds. Swiss rounds means that each player participates in every round, regardless of whether they win or lose. Players are paired against an opponent with a similar win/loss record for each round. Each round will be fifty (50) minutes long. Each match will be played until one player has won two (2) games or time has been called.
- There will be booster packs of Ravnica Allegiance distributed as prizes at the end of the tournament to all players that complete the tournament. Every player that finishes the tournament will receive at least one booster pack as a prize. Players that drop from the tournament before the completion of the event are not eligible for prizes. Additional prizes will be distributed to all players that complete the tournament.
Zenkaikon will be hosting a Keyforge tournament on Saturday, running from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Tournament organization provided by Six Feet Under Games, just up the road in New Holland, PA! The tournament is limited to 18 players.
- Players are responsible for bringing all of the game components they need to play a game of KeyForge. This includes Æmber tokens, damage counters, a chain tracker, and status cards. For Archon tournaments, players must also bring their own unique deck, including the deck’s identity card. This deck must be registered in the Keyforge App or on the Keyforge website. Players must use the same deck for the duration of the tournament.
- Each player is responsible to present their personal QR code (available in the Keyforge App) and their deck’s QR code (on the Identity card) to register for the tournament.
- If a player chooses to sleeve their deck, all sleeves within a single deck must be identical in size, color, texture, and condition.
- Typically, players use the cardboard tokens included in official product as indicators. However, players may choose to use other items as indicators, so long as they do not obscure significant component information, are resistant to accidental modification, and their purpose of use is clear to both players. The marshal is responsible for determining the legality of an indicator and its reasonable use during a match if objected to by its owner’s opponent. NOTE: The use of dice of any kind is not permitted in KeyForge Organized Play. Similar to tokens, Power and Stun status cards are used as indicators for certain information throughout the course of the game. Players may choose to use other items (except dice) to represent these as well, and once again the marshal is responsible for determining the substitutes’ legality and reasonable use.
- The number of swiss rounds will be capped at 4 rounds. Swiss rounds means that each player participates in every round, regardless of whether they win or lose. Players are paired against an opponent with a similar win/loss record for each round. Each round will be thirty-five (35) minutes long. Each match will be played until one player wins a game or until time is called.
- There will be prizing distributed to each player that completes the tournament. Prizes will consist of Limited Edition promo items (playmat, tokens, cards). Players that drop from the tournament before the completion of the event are not eligible for prizes.
The team that previously brought you Pokémon Battle Frontier, this year brings you Pokémon World Tournament, this time on Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games for the 3DS and 2DS! Each day of the convention we will be holding a tournament. During the tournament, Frontier Brains and special guests will be randomly placed into certain matches and will award special prizes when defeated. Although, if you lose, you stay in tournament, so it's win-win! We look forward to seeing all of you!
These are the base rules for the event, some of these may be changed by the Frontier Brain according to their specific rules and each are on a case by case basis. Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Modified OU Singles- Standard 6v6 match If your 3DS or 2DS battery dies mid-battle it is considered as a forfeit.(we will have chargers available for you to use)
Simple Definition: You cannot have two or more of the Pokémon with the same National Dex No. on your team.
Simple Definition: You cannot have two or more of the same item held by Pokémon on your team.
Simple Definition: You cannot put 2 Pokemon to Sleep.
Simple Definition: You cannot purposefully have a Pokémon on your team that can some way increase its evasion stat, this includes abilities and items.
Simple Definition: You cannot have a Pokémon on your team that has any of the following moves in its moveset: Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Horn Drill.
Endless Battle Clause
Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
Anything not yet officially released in America
Necrozma (Dusk, Dawn, Ultra forms)
The battles will be using the game’s built in infrared mechanic, so each person will be required to have their own Pokémon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon game and their own 3DS or 2DS system.