As we prepare for our upcoming convention, we want to highlight a few updates to our convention policies for 2017.
First, a clarification of our sales and solication policy:
All sales of goods or services within the convention center must be pre-approved by Zenkaikon (for example, vendors and artists within the Exhibit Hall, and the official Zenkaikon photo booth). All other sales or panhandling fall under the convention center's "no solicitation" policy and are not permitted.
We have also updated our line policies for events and autographs at Zenkaikon 2017:
- It is unavoidable that there will be lines for some events. We recommend bringing a book, Nintendo DS, or another hand held gaming device to pass the time while waiting in a line.
- All lines will start a maximum of 1 hour before the event or seating for the event takes place, no exceptions.
- Please follow all directions given by staff members, as their number one priority is making sure you have a safe and fun weekend at Zenkaikon.
- The 3 simple steps of line “etiquette” .
- Please make sure that your badge is out and visible. (It should always be out, but we understand you may have put it away for a cosplay picture)
- Please make sure the badge artwork is facing forward.
- As you make it to the door, please lift your badge to the person at the door's eye level so they can check it. If you are going to an 18+ panel, please use the hand the wrist band is on.
- V.I.P. members have priority access to the Exhibit Hall and first of line privileges for Main Events and ONLY Main Events. If you have a V.I.P. badge please let the line staff know.
- Cutting in line and "holding" spots will not be tolerated. All those caught will be sent to the back of the line. Repeat offenders may face expulsion from Zenkaikon.
- Lines for autographs will start 1 hour before the autograph session.
- Unfortunately, we can not guarantee everyone an autograph so we have to limit attendees.
- A limited number of tickets will be distributed to people in line on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on the length of the session. If you do not have a ticket, you are not guaranteed to get an autograph at that session.
- Each time you get into the line, autographs are limited to 1 item per person. If you wish to have another item signed, you must get back into line.
- Guests will not sign any bootleg or illegal items. Please bring licensed items only.
- Please have whatever item you want autographed ready to be signed by the time you reach the front of the line. (e.g. Remove CD sleeves/DVD cover from their cases before you get to the guest.)
- Out of courtesy to those in line behind you, please try not to take up a lot of the guests’ time when you reach the front of the line. To save time, you can think of what you want to say to the guest as having a 30 second limit, and try writing it down before you get there.