Would you like a behind-the-scenes look at a convention? Are you at least sixteen years of age? Would you like to help make Zenkaikon 2015 the best one yet? Then, Zenkaikon wants you to apply to be a gofer!
Gofers are volunteers who assist the Zenkaikon staff in the wide variety of tasks required to run the convention. Many Zenkaikon staff, including several department heads, started out as gofers! Gofers help with event set up, line control, badge checking, guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment, workshops, panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up. Unlike staff, which work during the majority of the convention, gofers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work.
Now you might be asking yourself, “What’s in it for me?” Well, depending on how many hours of your life you are willing to give, you get:
- For every 4 hours worked, a meal voucher.
- For 8 hours worked, half of your membership fee reimbursed.
- For 12 hours worked, a Zenkaikon 2015 T-shirt.
- For 16 hours worked, your full membership fee reimbursed.
- For 20 hours worked, a $25 Zenkaikon merchandise booth voucher.
Zenkaikon Gofer Requirements
- You must be registered for Zenkaikon.
- You must have valid picture ID.
- You must be at least 16 years old by March 27, 2015.
- You must submit a Gofer application and be approved.
- You must go through a mandatory Gofer briefing before starting your first shift.
- You must submit the required number of validated work hours to Zenkaikon Gofer Ops for meal vouchers and reimbursements.
So, are you up for the challenging fun that awaits you as a Zenkaikon Gofer?
If you just answered, “Yes!” then proceed to our Gofer web page to apply.
We look forward to seeing you at Zenkaikon 2015!