We want everyone to have a fantastic time at Zenkaikon X. Therefore, we have made clarifications to the following policies for this year.
Dress Code & Cosplay Policies
Zenkaikon is a family-friendly event, and attendees are asked to dress accordingly. Zenkaikon Staff reserves the right to ask an attendee to change if their clothing (or lack thereof) is deemed inappropriate.
- Shoes or footwear are required at all times.
- No rollerblades, Heelies (with wheels inserted), hoverboards, or stilts are permitted, due to safety and space concerns.
- Masks covering an attendee’s face should be easily removable upon request by Convention Center Staff or Zenkaikon Staff.
Cameras and Photography
With the exception of video screening rooms, most areas of Zenkaikon allow photography, unless otherwise specified.
- Use of stationary photography setups (e.g., lighting, backdrops, and tripods for longer than a simple group shot) are limited to the official Zenkaikon Photo Both and members of the press who are approved by the Communications Department.
- Please be considerate when stopping to take photos in the hallway by making the photo stop quick, and not blocking the main flow of traffic, particularly on stairwells and landings.
- Out of respect for our members’ privacy, we also request that you get permission before taking photos of attendees or guests.
Page a Chair Program
If you are uncomfortable about how a policy is being enforced or how you are being treated by a Zenkaikon staff member or volunteer, you can ask for a Chair to be paged. The Zenkaikon staff member or volunteer will call for the Zenkaikon Chair on duty. The Chair will come to your location to assist as soon as possible.
Please also be sure to review our full convention policies on our Policies page.
Thank you for helping us make Zenkaikon X the best it can be!