Wish to apply for one of the positions below? Proceed to our staff application!
AMV Department Staff
- Viewing / scoring contest entries for determining finalists.
- Crowd management / ushering.
- Distributing / collecting contest ballots and pencils.
- Working with and assisting other departmental staff during AMV department downtime if / when called on to do so.
- Video editing experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
- Able to receive / view massive amounts of digital media (last year we had over 9GB worth of AMV contest entries; will likely have more this year).
- Friendly demeanor for interacting / communicating with attendees.
- Participate in dedicated online Facebook group for purposes of discussion and updates (which will be more intensive and frequent as deadlines approach).
- Basic math skills (simple addition and division).
Communications: Assistant Head
Assist the Head of Communications in day-to-day duties including, but not limited to:
- Writing and posting Zenkaikon announcements
- Updating the Zenkaikon website
- Updating social media networks
- Investigating advertising opportunities
- Responding to e-mail inquiries and social media inquiries
- Working with and assisting other departmental staff including press relations, program book design, and sponsorship acquisition
- Excellent writing and personal communication skills (link to writing samples should be included with application)
- Experience with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. (Experience updating business pages on these networks a big plus.)
- Ability to respond in a friendly and professional manner to all kinds of feedback regarding the convention
Communications: Community Outreach
- Reach out to local organizations and events about cross-promotional opportunities
- Reach out to local and/or related business about Zenkaikon sponsorship opportunities
- Acts as Head of the Zenkaikon Street Team
- Excellent writing and personal communication skills
- Previous experience in a community outreach role a big plus
- This is primarily a pre-convention position, and staff member may have the opportunity to choose an alternate area to work during the convention.
- Shoot high quality, interesting, and exciting photos of the convention, its events, and attendees
- May be assigned to shoot photos of specific events and activities (e.g., Masquerade, Concerts, etc.)
- Provide RAWs of all photos to Head of Communications at the end of each day of the convention
- Digital SLR camera
- Previous event photography experience (link to online portfolio should be included with application)
Convention Safety: Staff
- Secures all entrances/exits.
- Badge checks at all times.
- Ensures attendees are following the policies set forth by the convention.
- Keep hallways free of congestion as much as possible.
- Keep lines moving - makes sure that lines for registration, panels, dealer, autographs, concerts and special events are orderly and proceed normally.
- Available for walk through and department meeting and briefing before the convention.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to remain calm and courteous in high stress situations.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Reports to Cosplay Head and/or Assistant Head.
- Assists mainly with Prop Checking/Peace-Bonding but may be needed for assistance with:
- Hall Cosplay Contest
- Cosplay Ball
- Dating Game
- Other cosplay activities
- Attends staff meetings as required by the convention and by the Head of Cosplay.
- Help where else may be needed at the convention if appropriately trained for that assistance, and does not interfere with primary cosplay tasks.
- Browses forums and answers cosplay related questions and topics to which they know the answer, otherwise will alert Cosplay head and/or Assistant Head to answer question.
- Works along with other staff departments to insure that convention policies are adhered to, especially with regard to appropriate cosplay and props.
- Be knowledgeable in cosplay and costuming. Though it is not required to be a cosplayer, it is a significant plus to have a working knowledge of costume and prop construction techniques (i.e. sewing, millinery, pattern drafting, special effects makeup, wig styling, etc) and/or knowledge of current events in the cosplay/costuming community in regards to masquerades, costuming competitions, and other popular cosplay/costuming events.
- Be able to work the majority of the convention weekend (particular hours to be determined).
- Will be allowed to cosplay at Zenkaikon if they so choose, but must be something as to be able to move and see clearly to accomplish any and all tasks without interfering, and not be a costume so popular as to cause a massive stoppage for photo opportunities. Must be willing to change if cosplay is found to impede duties.
- Provide assistance as necessary during dealer and artist load-in (begins Thursday) and load-out (late Sunday afternoon).
- Help set up Zenkaikon merchandise booth; maintain neat, attractive display; monitor inventory; assist with both break down; record ending inventory.
- Staff the Zenkaikon booth at the convention.
- Sell merchandise.
- Respond to attendee questions.
- Provide general support to Exhibits team in managing and monitoring the Exhibits Hall (includes dealers, artists, guests, exchange tables).
- Good customer service and teamwork skills.
- An enthusiastic, professional personality.
- Capable of careful tracking of cash and inventory.
- Previous retail sales or service experience a plus.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
Gofer Operations: Staff
- Assist Gofer head with processing Gofer applications
- Train Gofers in carrying out respective tasks
- Assist in dispatching of Gofers where needed
- Excellent people skills
- Leadership or teaching experience is not required but is a plus
- Previous convention experience a plus
Guest Relations: Staff
- Serve as the guest's at-con point of contact along with Department Head
- Escort guests to their panels/activities and make sure they get there on time
- Make sure the assigned guest(s) are fed and their needs are met
- Make sure the attendees behave respectfully towards the guest (i.e. make sure the guest is not being stalked or harassed)
- Make sure Zenkaikon staff and volunteers behave respectfully towards the guest
- Assist safety (or line management staff) in line management during autograph sessions
- Available for airport pickup/transport of guests
- Moderate panels as needed
- Ability to maintain a professional yet friendly demeanor towards guests
- Valid driver’s license (up to date registration and insurance required)
- Previous experience working in a guest department at one or more established conventions (or equivalent hospitality experience)
- Ability to work as a team with Convention Chair, Department Heads and Staff
- Ability to be in communication with the Department head via email (Skype/Google Hangouts are also appreciated).
- Has a working cell phone. (with adequate data plan)
- Able to keep guest information confidential
Live Programming: Staff
- Covering the various programming rooms during the convention, to ensure that the Panelists have all technical assistance needed to begin their scheduled programming on time and attendees do not fill the room past fire marshall/crowd safety standards
- As time permits, assess the quality of programming in the room and gauge the audience response
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new information and adjust to changes with minimal notice
- Reasonable level of comfort in moving crowds or requesting assistance from other departments
- Able to be on your feet for periods of several hours
- Previous convention or festival experience preferred
- Abide by all registration policies and procedures.
- Assist the Head and Assistant Head of Registration in registering attendees.
- Operate a registration workstation.
- Handle attendee purchases and make change (for cash stations).
- Field attendee questions.
- Promote questions to appropriate personnel when necessary (e.g., forwarding attendees with issues such as missing/incomplete registration information) to the triage station.
- Ability to work with money (for cash stations).
- Good oral communication skills.
- Competent usage of a web browser.
- Ability to type (touch-typing a plus).
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Previous experience in a registration role a plus.
- Prior customer service experience a plus.
Staff Suite: Staff
- Analyzes and takes into account staff food preferences, dietary restrictions, and allergies as reasonable.
- Works with the food committee, restaurants and caterers to choose the menus for the convention.
- Assists with food pickups at con.
- Keeps Staff Suite stocked with supplies and helps to promote food safety.
- Assists in the operation of Staff Suite during convention hours including: serving/prepping food, cleaning, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Able to communicate via email, phone/Skype.
- Available the Thursday before the convention and the Sunday evening after convention.
- Compliance/familiarity with food safety procedures
- Ability to cook is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation preferred.
- Good people skills.
Video Operations: Staff
- Assisting in equipment set up and break down
- Monitoring of video rooms during convention hours
- Keeping rooms neat
- Knowledge of DVD and Blu-Ray player general use