Wish to apply for one of the positions below? Proceed to our staff application!
Exhibits Department Head
The Head of Exhibits for Zenkaikon manages the Dealers Room, Artist Alley, and Zenkaikon-branded merchandise sales. The individual is generally also the primary point of contact for the decorator (aka, 3rd party vendor who supplies chairs, tables, booth setups, and staging not provided by the venue) and the loading dock. Currently, the Dealers Room and Artist Alley share the same space at the Lancaster County Convention Center due to space constraints. Collectively, this room is known as the Exhibit Hall and also includes spaces for certain convention guests and convention exchange tables.
- Set policies and pricing for Dealers and Artists
- Book Dealers
- Book Artists
- Select Zenkaikon-branded merchandise and manage sales at convention
- Decorator: arrange contract, coordinate layout, setup, and breakdown
- In collaboration with the Guest and Safety departments, assist in coordinating autograph tables/location/line management for any autograph sessions taking place in the Dealers room.
- Maintain website information as to confirmed Dealers and Artists
- Room layout, including accounting for comp’d spaces (eg., exchange conventions, guests; layout documents available)
- Request electrical drops for Zenkaikon and guest booths (email to the Event Rep at LCCC).
- On-site management of Exhibit Hall:
- Check-ins, including issuing badges to Dealers and some other parties in room
- Load-In/working with Loading Dock Manager (begins Thursday)
- Merchandise set up (Zenkaikon booth); maintain neat, attractive display, monitor inventory, help staff the booth.
- Coordinate opening/closing with other departments, especially Convention Safety
- Venue interface: Security, Dock Manager, Event Rep
- Ensure fire code followed in layout and line management
- Perform checks of merchandise and art on display and for sale, focusing particularly on Bootlegs and 18+ items
- Handle general issues such as maintenance items, housekeeping requests, security problems, etc.
- Breakdown and load out (Late Sunday afternoon). Request assistance from Staff Pool for vendors.
- Hire and manage staff. Currently 5 total positions in the department, including the Head, Assistant Head, and three general staff.
- Familiarity/proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications, Image editing programs, and Google Docs
- Training in Bootleg Identification is a plus (training/updates can be provided)
- Has a working cell phone. (with adequate data plan)
- Responsive via e-mail
- Good customer service and teamwork skills.
- An enthusiastic, professional personality.
- Capable of careful tracking of cash and inventory.
- Previous retail sales or service experience a plus.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.