The Zenkaikon 2017 Gofer Application is now open!
Deadline for applications is April 1st.
Thanks for your interest in helping us make Zenkaikon 2017 the best one yet! Gofers are volunteers who assist the Zenkaikon staff in the wide variety of tasks required to run the convention. Many Zenkaikon staff, including several department heads, started out as gofers! Gofers help with event set up, line control, badge checking, guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment, workshops, panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up. Unlike staff, which work during the majority of the convention, gofers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work.
What a Gofer Does
Gofers help convention staff with event set up, line control, badge checking, guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment, workshops, panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up.
What Gofer Does Not Do
What a Gofer does not do is handle money, function as a security guard or undermine the integrity of Zenkaikon or its affiliates.
What You Get
Now you might be asking yourself, "What's in it for me?" Well, depending on how many hours of your life you are willing to give, you get:
- For every 4 hours worked, a meal voucher.
- For 8 hours worked, half of your membership fee reimbursed.
- For 12 hours worked, a Zenkaikon 2017 T-shirt.
- For 16 hours worked, your full membership fee reimbursed.
- You must be registered for Zenkaikon.
- You must have valid picture ID.
- You must be at least 16 years old by April 28, 2017.
- You must submit a Gofer application and be approved.
- You must go through a mandatory Gofer briefing before starting your first shift.
- You must submit the required number of validated work hours to Zenkaikon Gofer Ops for meal vouchers and reimbursements.
So are you up for the challenging fun that awaits you as a Zenkaikon Gofer?
If you have any questions about the Gofer rules and/or expectations please send a detailed message to our Gofer Department
We look forward to seeing you at Zenkaikon 2017!