Last Updated: March 11, 2022
The safety and wellbeing of all of our attendees, staff, and guests is our number one priority. We, alongside our venue, are working to ensure that everyone who attends or helps to make Zenkaikon happen will work to keep everyone safe. Zenkaikon asks all who may not be feeling well at the time of the event to stay home and participate in our online event.
- ***Updates*** (including reported cases)
- Before You Arrive
- At the Event
- What You Can Expect From Us
- After the Event
- Vaccination Requirements
- Masking Requirements
- COVID Refund Policy
- Additional Resources
**will update here as info is reported**
- Pack your vaccination proof and photo ID, and make sure it meets our policies!
- Stock up on masks and hand sanitizer — and maybe a rapid test or two, just in case.
- Consider taking a COVID test before attending the event (while this is not required -- it is recommended)
- Bookmark https://zenkaikon.com/info/covid-19-policies— any at-event updates will appear here, as well as the Zenkaikon COVID Self-Reporting Form to self-report a positive test. We'll also share updates on our Twitter.
- It is highly recommended that you download and enable Pennsylvania’s Contact Tracing App: PA COVID Alert. This will help tracking and tracing immensely for any positive cases.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 while at the event, please self-isolate. If at all possible, get a rapid test.
- If you test positive while at the event or within 10 days of the event:
- Other Recommendations:
- Wash hands regularly
- Wear a KN95 or N95 mask that is well-fitted. It should fit tightly over your nose so if you are wearing glasses, they don’t fog up.
- Wear an ear saver if your mask goes around your ears. This makes wearing a mask more comfortable for a long period of time.
- Avoid room parties or other environments where others are removing their masks
- Stick with a small group of people or the group your are rooming with
- Stay home if you feel sick
- We’re serious about checking vaccination proof. Make sure you bring the required documentation to our registration desk and have it out before you get to the front of the line.
- We’re serious about enforcing masking, as are our hosts at the Lancaster County Convention Center. Help create a culture of responsible mask use by wearing yours properly and reminding others to do so.
- Act as if you have definitely come into contact with COVID-19. Though we did everything we could to make the event safe, we still urge you to err on the side of caution, especially when it comes to people in your life who are immunocompromised or otherwise unable to be vaccinated (e.g. relatives who are under 5 or elderly).
- Continue to wear a mask in public indoor settings.
- Take a COVID test if you begin showing symptoms
- If you test positive, fill out our COVID-positive self-reporting form: Zenkaikon COVID Self-Reporting Form
- Continue using the contact-tracing app you used at-event for at least 10 days (leave it active and do not switch to another contact-tracing app).
- Keep an eye out for communication from Zenkaikon if we receive any positive test information
All attendees, staff, guests, Zenkaikon affiliates, and those participating in Zenkaikon’s 2022 in-person event who are over the age of 5 years old are required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two shots of the approved vaccines that require two doses, such as Pfizer and Moderna, or the one shot Johnson & Johnson) in order to attend Zenkaikon 2022 in person. We are sorry, but admittance will be denied otherwise. While booster doses are currently not required to attend, they are strongly recommended.
For anyone under the age of 5, proof of age will be required in the form of a birth certificate (either paper or photograph) or a Minor US passport which clearly states the age of the child.
We will not accept negative COVID tests in lieu of vaccination documentation.
In order to receive your Zenkaikon 2022 Badge, you will need to present a Record of Covid-19 Vaccination (dated no later than March 10, 2022) and your photo ID. In the event a minor does not have a photo ID, a parent or guardian with photo ID must be present at convention registration/check-in to present the minor's Record of Covid-19 Vaccination.
COVID-19 vaccination records can be presented as the physical vaccination card, NYS Excelsior Pass, NYC COVID Safe Pass, Docket, doctor’s vaccination record, certified vaccination record app, or photograph of vaccination card (front and back). Note: The name on your vaccination card must match that of your photo ID.
Anyone failing to comply with the above vaccine requirements will not be permitted to attend our in-person event. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our attendees, staff, guests, and other Zenkaikon affiliates.
Masks will be required to be worn by all attendees age 2 and older. This also includes all vendors, artists, panelists, guests, Zenkaikon staff, volunteers, and anyone affiliated with or participating in the in-person event.
Masks are to be worn in all public, and convention-operated spaces. Masks should be well-fitting and cover the nose and mouth (face shields and gaiters not accepted). Masks are to be worn at all times while waiting in lines.
Masks may be removed temporarily in the following situations:
- Cosplayers may briefly remove their masks for walking onstage for the Cosplay event, and the Cosplay Dating Game while properly social distanced
- Cosplayers may also remove their masks while taking photos at the official con photobooth.
- Masks may be removed while eating and drinking in designated areas.
- Temporarily to sip a drink or take a bite of a snack while not in a designated area; masks must be pulled back up in between bites/immediately thereafter.
- Any other time at the request of Zenkaikon Staff.
During line-up, judging, group photoshoots, cosplay ball and as specified during all other situations during the con, masks are to be worn.
Mask requirements for photos with our celebrity guests of honor will be announced later and may vary by guest, please check the guests' autograph page for more details.
Individuals observed to not be wearing masks properly or at all in convention-operated spaces will be asked by a member of Zenkaikon Staff to wear a mask as per our COVID-19 Policies.
Individuals who repeatedly violate Zenkaikon’s COVID-19 Policies, or that refuse to wear a mask may have their membership to Zenkaikon 2022 revoked and may be asked to leave convention-operated spaces.
If you see a member of Zenkaikon’s Staff, Volunteers, or other affiliates not wearing a mask, please feel free to contact Convention Leadership by calling 717-666-7108 or emailing email@example.com.
Zenkaikon will offer rollover, transfer, or refund of membership options to members to have pre-registered under the following circumstances:
- If you pre-registered for Zenkaikon 2022 prior to the announcement on November 18th of our COVID-19 policies for our in-person event and no longer wish to attend
- If you pre-registered for Zenkaikon 2022 at any time prior to the event and can no longer attend due to illness or a positive COVID-19 test prior to the event. (Request must be sent by March 26, 2022.)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Lancaster County, PA Covid Dashboard: https://covid-19-lancastercountypa.hub.arcgis.com/
- Rite Aid Pharmacy: 59 N Queen St Lancaster, PA 17603
- Rite Aid Drive-Thru Testing Location: 825A E Chestnut St Lancaster, PA 17602
- CVS Pharmacy: 32-54 W Lemon St Lancaster, PA 17603
- CVS Minute Clinic: 1507 Lititz Pike Lancaster, PA 17601
- Lancaster General Health Urgent Care: 540 N Duke St Lancaster, PA 17602
Any changes to this policy will be announced on our website, on our social media and in our Zenkaikon Newsletter. We are working in the best interest for the health and safety of all attendees, including our all volunteer staff. We've worked to expand our online options and our Covid refund policy to ensure we do our best to keep everyone safe and can continue to host future events.
If you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the event, If you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the event, please feel free to contact us by calling 717-666-7108 or emailing email@example.com.
3/10/2022: Clarified the minimum age of vaccination (Ages 5 and up).
Added sections, table of contents and jump/anchor links for faster navigation
Sections added: After the Event, At the Event, Before You Arrive, What You Can Expect From Us, COVID Refund Policy, Resources.
1/19/2022: Clarified requirements to be ‘fully vaccinated’
11/18/2021: Announced original masking and vaccination policy