Zenkaikon, Anime & Sci-Fi Convention, Lancaster PA

April 1-3, 2016, Lancaster County Convention Center

Zenkaikon 2017 DJ Application

Welcome DJs! Zenkaikon 2017 is looking for DJs to perform at our Friday and/or Saturday night dances.

Dates:  April 28-30, 2017

Application Opening Date: November 10, 2016
Application Closing Date: December 8, 2016
Evaluation Period: December 8 - December 15, 2016
Notification Date: Applicants will be notified by December 17, 2016
Signed Contracts will be in effect from December 17, 2016 - April 30, 2017

Background: Zenkaikon is an established anime, sci-fi and fandom convention with ~ 5000 attendees in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. 2017 will be our 11th annual event. The convention features informal dances on both Friday and Saturday nights, typically 3-5 hour events. Zenkaikon will be scheduling the informal dances in one of the Main Halls, to take place in the evenings (typically after 10PM). Zenkaikon will provide appropriate audio and video projection systems, adequate to the space available.

Confidentiality: Potential Zenkaikon DJs are expected to keep any information related to negotiations confidential. Selected DJs are expected not to announce their appearance until after contracts are signed and formal announcements made by the convention.

Payment: If payment is agreed upon for services and/or equipment etc, a 25% Down Payment will be made by January 18, 2017. The remaining 75% will be paid by April 30, 2017 (depending on which day the DJ will be performing).

Set Length: Selected DJs will provide a music set of length 2-4 hours at the convention on either Friday (4/28/17) or Saturday (4/29/17)

Badge(s), Food, and Housing:

  • Zenkaikon will provide 1 weekend badge for each contracted DJ. Extra badges for DJ helpers may be negotiated on an as-needed basis.
  • Zenkaikon will provide food and parking for the DJ on the day of their performance.
  • Housing is only provided for DJs who are unable to find a room otherwise. DJs will room with other DJs. Zenkaikon will provide 1 double bedded room for the weekend for DJ use.

Questions can be submitted to chair@zenkaikon.com

Please list your DJ name followed by your full name. Example: DJ Pretty Pants (Sue Storm)
Please provide your postal mailing address
Please provide your DJ website link
Please describe your qualifications and other events where you have been a DJ
Please provide a minimum of three (3) convention references including names, positions, and e-mail addresses
Please provide links to three set demos, on Youtube, Soundcloud or elsewhere. Demos also may be emailed as mp3 to chair@zenkaikon.com
Please list your Tech Rider including equipment you can provide/have, equipment you need and typical fees that are charged