Hello all and welcome to the official rules for the 2021 AMV Contest! Regardless if the convention itself is able to have a physical event or a digital one, we will still hold a contest no matter what! We're stubborn like that, and the show must go on!
Now, for the contest details...
Our categories are as follows:
- Romance / Sentimental
- Free Range Fandom
DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 7th AT 11:59pm EST.
You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
All submissions must meet the following standards.
- 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 480 resolution (16:9) or no less than 640x480 (4:3)
- 23.976 and 29.97 are strongly preferred; 24, 25, 59.94 and 60 are also acceptable
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 32000, 41000, or 48000 Hz audio
- MPEG 2
- mp4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
- This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY.
- ALL entries must adhere to the format above.
- PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX. If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.
- NO BUMPERS or CREDITS permitted! We will provide the information to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.
- The contest IS PG-13 but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it's acceptable for showing to a convention audience.
- That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.
- Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (e.g., opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalitiies.
- Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5m30s running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation.
- DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. HOWEVER, if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots you're more than welcome to one (if we have leftovers)
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a .txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry.If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Prizes will be presented during a formal award show at the convention. If the contestant is not attending or the convention itself cannot be held in person, the prizes will be sent out after the convention.
Free Range Fandom
All rules that apply to the other categories apply to this category as well. The only difference is you may use ANY non-anime footage for this. So if you have a Mandalorian, Avatar/Legend of Korra, Castlevania, etc. video that you haven’t been able to submit to a convention, now is your chance!
You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to the following email: email@example.com